Students’ plans for Black Friday

Tina Nguyen, Staff Writer

Thanksgiving is coming close and that usually means three things: turkey, football games, and last but not least, shopping; and of course, no one can forget about Black Friday, often known as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. Students have already made plans for it.
“I’m planning to go shopping for a new laptop, mine is really broken, and I’ll probably buy a new desk,” junior LeAnn Lo said.
Some even get a chance to travel to other cities to spend the holiday with families.
“I might go shopping with my aunt. We’re going to be in New York,” freshman Annalese Dallos said.
However not everyone participates in Black Friday shopping tradition.
“I’m broke, so I cannot shop,” sophomore Preksha Jerajani said.”Plus, I already have enough clothes.”
Most businesses offer sales during the season and this year, many stores are planning on opening on Thanksgiving Day. Best Buy will open at 5 pm while stores like Kohl’s, Kmart, Macy’s, Staple are opening at 6pm. Many JCPenney stores will be open at 5pm on Thursday until 10pm on Friday.
Across the country, many retailers, even online ones, have kicked off early Black Friday sales. Target has just started its sale on today, Wednesday 26. Amazon also has begun its huge pre-Black Friday sale which offers hundreds of sweet deals on all types of products.
Nevertheless,Thanksgiving is an important part of American culture. Whether you choose to stand in the crowded register lines on Black Friday or not, remember the spirit of the season is to be grateful and thankful for all the wonders in your life.