Reviving Student Fashion Senses With Revive Athletics

John Martin, Staff Writer

The Revive Athletics clothing line company was created by Chantilly seniors JJ Iraham and Jake Suh and T.C. Williams alumnus Patrick Kanyek.

“We started the company because there’s an untapped market into people who go to the gym, but don’t specifically play a sport,” Iraham said.

They were inspired after getting into fitness and wanting clothing perfect for their unique situation.

“I want the people who buy the clothes to feel [like they’re] part of the brand,” Iraham said. “That’s why it doesn’t pertain to a single sport.”

In addition to a good brand name, every athletic clothing line needs a good slogan.

“Our slogan is ‘Revive your inner spirit animal,’” Iraham said. “Some people might feel as aggressive as a lion, or some people might feel as fast as a cheetah.”

In addition to creating a slogan, the company’s founders have come up with a marketing plan that includes donating some of the profit to charity.

“We’re donating five percent of our overall profit towards the Endangered Animal Society,” Iraham said.

Iraham and Suh had a simple goal with their clothing line.

“We [wanted to make] comfortable clothes for people to be able to work out in and sweat in without feeling irritated,” Suh said. “[The products are made of cotton and spandex,] so the clothing fits to your body without being overly tight and without cutting off oxygen to your blood.”

The difference between Revive and other brands is the price.

“We try to make it as cheap as it can be [to buy],” Suh said. “[But we still try to have] the best quality that we can give.”

Starting a company takes a lot of work and dedication.

“I had to hand draw all the designs from the beginning,” Iraham said. “Then, I had to network with a lot of people in China, and I found a factory that I can work with.”

Several teachers and mentors helped Iraham and Suh through the difficult process.

“JJ came to me last year and was really interested in starting this clothing line,” entrepreneurship teacher Karyn Jones said. “We’re going to sit down and look at possible business plans.”

Iraham and Suh, after selling out on their first order, will soon have more merchandise available.

“As of right now, we don’t have a website up because we’re out of stock,” Iraham said. “But when we drop our website, you’ll be able to buy [our products from] there or contact us.”