School welcomes over 20 new Chargers

September 30, 2015

This year, the Charger community welcomed over 20 new faculty members. Current Chantilly staff members and students have risen to the occasion and have been welcoming to the newest members of the Charger community.

Science teacher Corey Porter taught for three years before transferring to teach at Chantilly.
“I used to work at TC Williams,” Porter said. “When I interviewed with the administration, I got a good vibe [from them] and I think they really seemed to click well with my education philosophy. It seemed like a great place to be.”

In addition to veteran teachers, there are teachers who are just now starting their teaching career by joining the Chantilly teaching staff this year.

“This is my first year teaching full-time,” English teacher Kelsey Waddell said. “It’s been great. The staff and the students have been incredibly welcoming.”

The faculty members have come from a variety of places and have different stories to share about their experience at Chantilly so far.

“All of my students have been wonderful,” history teacher Ross Bosse said. “It has been a privilege to get to know my department and others.”
The students have welcomed their new teachers and helped them adjust to the change.

“The attitude of the kids here is very impressive,” Porter said.

With different faculty members joining the school, it is hard not to be intrigued by their varying styles of teaching. New Latin teacher Stacy Kenkeremath brings her own style of teaching to students.

“I think [Ms. Kenkeremath] is a good teacher,” sophomore Adam Lee said. “She really engages her students, which really gets us to learn.”

Chantilly is proud to welcome these new faculty members to our school and adopt them into our Charger family.

“I have always heard great things about Chantilly,” Bosse said.