Dr. Scott Poole, former principal of Woodson High School, steps in as new principal

Rachael Gunn, Academics Editor

When Principal Theresa Johnson was given the opportunity for a promotion, she took it. But with Johnson leaving, a question inevitably arose. Who would take her place?

On Aug. 17, 2017, Dr. Scott Poole, former principal of Woodson, was appointed to be the new principal.

Region 5 Assistant Superintendent Francis Ivey made the announcement to an eager audience of teachers, students and community members.

“Your next principal [has worked] over 25 years in education,” Ivey said. “His most recent assignment [was being] the principal of Woodson High School. You can’t find a more passionate [person] who is always at the forefront of teaching and learning.”

Poole brings with him an emphasis on collaboration, which will positively influence the school as he begins to work closely with the faculty and students.

“I believe we can learn best if we’re working together. [We] are stronger as a group than we are as individuals. I really want to work with [the] students [so they] come to school with the hope that they will be successful,” Poole said.

Poole’s evident enthusiasm and constant dedication to his work garners the support of many members of the surrounding community.

“I’m thrilled to be here and can’t wait to get started,” Poole said. “I want to bring out the best in you, the students; that’s what I’m here for.”

For the first few weeks of school, Poole will work back and forth between Woodson and Chantilly before becoming a full part of the Chantilly community.

We look forward to seeing Poole continuing Johnson’s legacy and wholeheartedly supporting students in their journeys toward their futures.