Fall Fashion: Dressing up makes all the difference

Used with permission of sophomore Niya Nayan

The 2021 fall season offers a wide choice of outfits for both men and women.

Gayatri Dhavala, Business Manager

Whether the old money aesthetic or Y2K fashion, 2021 seasonal apparel brings back memories from the 90s to the early 2000s. With the influence of social media platforms such as TikTok and recent events like the Met Gala, fashion styles have grown nationally.

‘’I started paying close attention to my clothing during the pandemic and try to dress nicely,” freshman Noah Chu said. “My clothing inspiration comes from some of my friends and a few celebrities like Harry Styles and Tom Hiddleston who rock suits and casual fashion.”

On a local scale, many in the community have personalized their fall fashion and are expanding their wardrobe to the latest couture this season has to offer. Some of the most popular wears to be found around are cardigans, sweater vests, formal style wide legged pants and blazers with either short skirts for women or pants for a unisex appearance. 

“I have been exploring my fashion style for the past year, and with the new fall season, there has been much variety in clothing trends,” sophomore Theresa Woods said. “My personal favorites at the moment are print cardigans from H&M and the revival of fall-themed, collared shirts.” 

When it comes to clothing, colors play a role in one’s aesthetic. Fall colors that have been popular this year are brown, white, creme, green, auburn and black. These fall colors in business wear have changed the formal fashion industry into a variety that is influential among teens.

“I changed my school outfits to semi-formal wear because of the amazing fashion wear I find these days,” freshman Christina Nguyen said. “My favorite color combos to wear are white with brown and auburn with black, as it makes me feel powerful and is a great fall outfit pairing.” 

The school halls are seen with students wearing unique styles of clothing that represent their personality. One can bring out the fashionista within by finding fall themed clothes either online, thrift stores, or local businesses. 

“My love for fashion runs deep because dressing well makes me feel on top of the world,” Woods said. “Seeing the diversity in fashion around our community inspires me, and all the fall-themed outfits make me want to go get a pumpkin spice latte to match the classy aesthetic.”